Cushion Trio / Kissentrio

Hi there!



In my last post (read here) I did show you pictures of the cushions I made last week, but that was it - no details at all. Sorry for that, but I'll make up for it now.
  

The larger cushion (40x40 cm) was made out of the flowery granny squares I mentioned before (read here). After I had joined the grannys I still had to crochet some rows till the front was app. 40x40 cm. Then I made a cushion cover, stitched the front onto it, crocheted a border (in Schachenmayr Catania – shade magenta) for the buttons, which I stitched onto the back of the cover and that was it really.
  

Both smaller cushions measure 30x30 cm. I fastened a flower onto the middle of the giant granny, which inner rows were merely in Schachenmayr Catania cream for this purpose. The following procedure was quite the same as for the larger cushion, though I did crochet the border in Schachenmayr cream instead.
 

 
Now to the third cushion, which was not quite finished when I took the pictures on the back porch in bright sunlight (no sunshine today though): I crocheted the rippled cushion following the neat ripple pattern Lucy of Attic24 wrote down on her blog. This pattern is indeed really easy. And as I started with only 70 chain stitches, the cushion did not take long. Well, the front did not take long... It never takes me that long doing the crocheting, getting the sewing machine started on the contrary... Urgh!
  


  
I am quite pleased with the result though. Hope you like it too.

P.S.: I finally thought of something to do with the yarn my husband gave me on Valentine's Day (read here) – I'll keep in touch!
  
P.S.2: As mentioned before, I used my favourite N°3 hook and Schachenmayr Catania shades orchid, magenta, fuchsia, apple green and cream...
  


Liebe Freunde,


die Kissen, von denen ich einige Bilder in meinem letzten Post veröffentlicht habe (hier zu lesen), habe ich noch gar nicht näher beschrieben.
  
  
Wie ihr sieht, sind es eigentlich drei Kissen. Das Dritte war aber noch nicht so ganz fertig, als ich das Sonnenlicht auf der Terrasse ausnutzen wollte, um ein paar schöne Bilder zu knipsen. Heute macht die Sonne sich rar, daher sind die heutigen Bilder nicht gar so gelungen. Wie gesagt, das dritte Kissen war noch nicht ganz fertig, denn solange es lediglich ums Häkeln geht, bin ich kaum zu bremsen... aber die Abschlussarbeiten, wie Kissenhüllen nähen etc., die schiebe ich gerne vor mir her. Nun ja...
  
 
Das große Kissen miss 40x40 cm und besteht aus den blumigen Grannys, die ich im letzten Herbst gehäkelt habe (hier zu lesen). Es fehlten zwar noch ein paar Reihen außen herum, aber das war schnell erledigt. Die Kissenhülle jedoch...
Als diese dann endlich fertig war (die Stoffwahl war auch nicht gerade einfach), habe ich die Vorderseite mit der Hand angenäht, noch eine Borte gehäkelt (sieht schöner aus, als Knopflöcher) und angenäht und fertig.

  
Kissen Nummer 2 ist ein einfaches Riesengranny, in dessen Mitte ich eine Häkelblume befestigt habe. Der Rest war im Großen und Ganzen wie beim größeren Kissen, außer dass ich die Borte in Schachenmayr Catania Crème (Nr. 130) gehäkelt habe statt in Fresie (Nr. 251).
  

   
 
Kissen Nummer 3 (wie das Riesengrannykissen 30x30 cm groß) habe ich gemäß dem wirklich fast selbsterklärenden Muster „neat ripple pattern“ von Lucy (von Attic24) gehäkelt. Und da ich nur 70 Anfangsluftmaschen brauchte... Wäre da nur nicht die Fertigstellung...


P.S.: Endlich habe ich eine Idee, was ich mit dem Garn machen könnte, dass mein Mann mir an Valentinstag geschenkt hat (hier zu lesen - aber leider nur auf Englisch). Daher... Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!
  
P.S.2: Wie bereits erwähnt, habe ich meine Lieblingshäkelnadel Nr.3 benutzt und eine Menge Schachenmayr Catania in den Farben Orchidee, Fuchsia, Fresie, Apfel und Crème...
  
 

Kommentare

  1. OMG! I LOVE YOUR PILLOWS! Purple & Green my colors!
    The backside is fantastic!

    Have a great weekend,
    Diana
    www.dianaswereld.nl

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Diana,
      these colours are definitely fun to work with. I'm happy you've enjoyed your visit to my blog.
      Looking forwards to seeing you again!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. I love your work with colors. Lovely pillows. I hope you can share this at my link up wed and thursdays. This blog is new to me, but I will for sure be back. Thank you for sharing. Regards from Norway

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Monica,
      thank you for visiting me in my studio and for inviting me to your link up. I will definitely join you on Wednesday and I'm looking forwards to your next visit!
      Have a nice beginning of the week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
    2. Thank you so much for joining the link party. The pillows and the colors are awsome!
      Happy Easter

      Löschen
  3. Congratulations for winning the link party.
    Your pillows got the most clicks.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts